Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Healthy Hair Journey and Regimen

Fellow readers-I have decided to start my healthy hair journey. It has been a long time coming. I have always envisioned having waist length hair that was thick, shiny, and beautiful. However I was always under the impression that my hair would never get beyond shoulder length so I might as well get used to it. That was until I discovered Sunshyne and Hairlista.com. OMG, there are women on this site with hair like mine, that is how I want my hair to be. It is healthy, full, and in most cases relaxed. So for the past month or so, I have been purchasing hair care products that are actually working for my hair. My hair has never felt so soft and manageable especially weeks after a relaxer. I am actually planning on stretching my relaxer for twelve weeks, which means I will not get a touch up until January of next year. I am excited for this journey and will be dedicating my blog to the wonderful changes that my hair will see. Below you will find my regimen including products that I will be using.


MY REGIMEN

Sundays
  • pre-poo with cheapie conditioner, garlic powder, EVOO and honey for 1hr with plastic cap (no heat)
  • wash with moisturizing shampoo
  • deep condition with moisturizing conditioner 1hr with plastic cap (no heat)
  • apply leave ins
  • air dry using Sunshyne's Scarf Method
  • moisturize and seal hair in sections
  • add Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to scalp using Roots Only bottle
Wednesdays
  • deep condition hair with protein conditioner for 1hr with plastic cap (no heat) or BTR (black tea rinse)
  • cowash with cheapie conditioner
  • apply leave ins
  • air dry using Scarf Method
  • moisturize and seal hair in sections
  • add Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to scalp
Daily
  • moisturize and seal in sections
Misc
  • I relax every 12 weeks
  • I trim my hair when I get my relaxer, but I just got a Splitender so I may trim once every six weeks
  • Clairify once a month
  • Hard Protein Treatment every 4-6 weeks (my hair looooves protein)
  • Bun my hair everyday
  • Sleep with satin scarf or bonnet every night (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Products used
  • Shampoo-Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
  • Clarifying Shampoo-Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
  • Protein Conditioner-Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
  • Hard Protein Treatment-Aphogee 2 Step Treatment or Nexxus Emergencee
  • Moisturizing Conditioner-Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment
  • Leave Ins-Motions Nourish Leave In
  • Moisturizer-S-Curl No Drip Activator and Moisturizer (summer) Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-In Cream (winter)
  • Sealant-Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • Co-Wash and Pre-Poo Conditioner-VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Conditioner, HE Hydralicious Restructuring Conditioner, Motions Conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment