Saturday, July 23, 2011

RIP Amy Winehouse

As I'm sure all of you know by now, Amy Winehouse passed away today at the age of 27. As many who know me know, I am a huge Amy Winehouse fan. I listen to her music all the time and I even dressed like her for Halloween one year. It is sad when such a great talent like her and others die so young, before more can be accomplished. I understand that she had her issues and her demons with her. Hell, I have mine too that I have to work through. It's just frustrating when even with everything that she did to get better and get back to the music that made her great, she still had those battles with addiction to fight and in the end she lost. There is a great significance with the age of her passing. There are tweets saying that she joined "Club 27" which is a so-called club of those who were influential in the music world who also passed away at 27. Members include Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Kobain, Jim Morrison, and I do believe there are others. In fact there is a wikipedia article about it. There are others who say "well are you really surprised"? I have to say that while dying young was one of the outcomes that could befall Amy Winehouse, it is surprising because you just wanted her to turn it around and keep making music, which I'm sure she loved more than the drugs and the booze. As I end this blog, I just want to say to Miss Winehouse where ever she is, "Thank you for the songs you gave to the world and to myself. Back to Black put my relationships with men into perspective and Frank helped me to make the decisions in life I needed to make. I love you Amy and I know that now you are at peace." On that note, I'm out but before I leave I want to dedicate this song to all of Amy's fans around the world who are grieving today...

No comments:

Post a Comment